Saturday, May 7, 2011

Challenge #1 - cupcakes!



So, yes, I went out of order with the challenges, but in any case, challenge #1 at My Pink Stamper was to do anything with cupcakes. I chose to make a card for a friend who LOVES cupcakes. I had seen others make ovens that opened using the oven from the From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge, and I always wanted to try a card like this. Many people use this to do a "bun in the oven" card for an expecting mom. Since my friend who is expecting loves cupcakes, I made the oven open up with a cupcake inside. Both the oven and the cupcake are from the From My Kitchen cartridge. I cut off the cherry that is typically on top of the cupcake. "Congrats" is from Gypsy Wanderings. I used an exacto knife to cut the oven door open...it didn't turn out as clean cut and pretty as I had hoped, but for a first attempt at an oven card, it was okay. Next time, perhaps, I will weld something together on my Gypsy to make an oven card.

No comments:

Post a Comment