Saturday, January 16, 2010

Finally tried one of those freezer paper t-shirts



I wanted a Valentines Day shirt for my DS, but I hate spending all that money on a shirt he can wear a few times and then grow out of. So I decided to try my hand at the freezer paper tee's that I have seen on the Cricut message boards before. It was difficult at first to think of a cute phrase for Valentines Day that wasn't girly. It also had to be shape I could cut with the Cricut cartridges I have. After tossing around a few ideas, the bee was the simplest to paint onto a shirt...or so I thought, haha!

I browsed threads on the Cricut message boards to get tips on this project, and I also watched this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyXlSTtHPA It still took a little trial and error, but it was an easy, fun project. It is also a cheap way to get cute, customized shirts for family and friends.

For this one, I used the cricut cartridges Walk in My Garden for the bee (cut at 4") and Don Juan for the "bee mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment