So it is has been a LONG time since I posted on here. A lot has happened since my last post. We added another sweet little boy to our family. Aaron William was born January 31, 2011. I did several projects while pregnant and since his arrival, but I never remembered to post the good stuff on here. So, here I am to catch up. I will keep it quick and include some good stuff that I did since last posting on here...

Freezer paper t-shirts that I made for the boys...Aaron already outgrew his ;-) For these, I used Life Is A Beach for the font, and Paper Doll Dress Up for the dinosaurs.

I did this layout about finding out I was pregnant the night I went into labor, which I think is kind of funny. I finished this just before dinner time, and I woke up in labor at 3am (so technically early the next morning...but it was the middle of the night). Maybe little boy was just waiting until I scrapped about this before making his arrival! (Opposites Attract is the font I used on this)

These are the thank you cards that I made for anyone who sent a gift, brought a meal, etc. when Aaron first arrived. I used the New Arrival cartridge for the hanger and onesie, put foam dots under the onesie to pop it off the card.

This was a step by step layout that someone posted on a scrapbooking message board where I post. I chose these two silly pictures of Nathan from our vacation from last summer. Don Juan used for font.

I might have done this one when I was still pregnant (before the first layout I posted), but I didn't upload it to my computer until much later. This is my grandma and Nathan at a local duck pond last spring (yes i am a tad behind on my scrapbooking!)
Other than trying to catch up on layouts, I have been crafting for showers lately. First, my mother in law threw a baby shower for my sister in law, and I helped make an "It's a girl" banner (Tear Drop font) as well as picks with cricut cuts from New Arrival to go in potted plants that were given as favors and door prizes:

(I made the pink banner. The green one came with the tableware)

(One of the door prizes)
A week later, I traveled to Virginia (yes with both boys in tow) to throw a bridal shower for my best friend. Below are the decorations for her shower...

Centerpieces...theme was "a perfect pair" so the centerpieces included pairs. made mostly with Wedding cartridge, though the shoes are from Gypsy Wanderings.

"best wishes" banner made with Gypsy font. Sorry it is difficult to see with the lighting.
...and last, but certainly not least, is the family name canvas that I made for her and her fiance. It turned out looking really good even though it was not too difficult or time consuming. Aren't those type of projects the best?!?! I need to make one of these (and some other canvases) for my own house and for gifts for people now that I know what I am doing. Thanks Kimberly and Timothy for being my "guinea pigs" for this project!
No comments:
Post a Comment